The Ride We Call Life.

Life is full of ups and downs, speed and relaxation. Please enjoy some of our best moments.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012


The last time I downloaded pictures from our camera, they disappeared. I looked for them but they weren't where I thought they should be in my files and they weren't on the camera anymore. So, when I downloaded pictures again yesterday, I let the computer do its thing and followed where it put them. Of course there are last months pictures, right where they should be. The really good news is that now I can blog about them.
But, let's start with the most recent events first. This keeps everything in order, and gives me a chance to get the best on top.
KATHRYN'S BAPTISM
Yes, she is eight years old and baptized. I know time flies, but sometimes it is so amazing to actually see it speed right before my eyes. She seems to get older, wiser, and gain more attitude every day. :) And, her baptism was wonderful. I could not have asked for anything better.
She was so excited. They asked her to be there by 8:30 a.m. So she set her alarm for 7:11 a.m. ( I don't know where she gets that time from but 7:11 has always been one of those fun times I like to see on the clock.) She wakes up, eats, dresses, lets me do her hair, and still has half an hour to spare. I on the other hand walked into the church just minutes before the meeting started and pulled her and Kelly over for pictures.
The actual ordinance was perfect. She was so happy and really just beaming. Then we sang a church song as a family. The kids did so good. I hope it sounded pretty, I felt a bit nervous and excited so I'm not sure my voice was in control at all.
Then she was confirmed a member and given the Gift of the Holy Ghost. On the way home I asked how she felt and she said happy. I asked what happy meant and she said good. And, that just continued the whole day. She kept smiling and seemed to enjoy all the attention she got. It was just fabulous.



Here is a laughing baby because that is the best!  I love when he is so happy.  I also love when all the kids play well together, of course this makes every mom happy.


The frog launch in the video was in the living room because Kat and Jace used it for their science fair project.  A great way to teach about forces.  Well Kat got it really well.  After all the talk we did, Jace understands you have to hit it to make the frog fly and that is a force, right!?!


I have struggled with Jace for a while waiting for him to get older.  Know I have a constant reminder that things could be worse and Jace does listen pretty good.  Try getting a one year old to listen when he doesn't have a clue of what the consequences of his actions could be.  Yes he loves to climb, and pull things off tables (like all the mail, or all the homework papers, or even that glass of water).



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad we got to be there for the baptism. The song sounded beautiful! And Kathryn just glowed. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete